Thursday, July 5, 2018

"Look Rabbit! There Ain't No Carrots in My Fridge!"

We have about 4 little rabbits that live on this property. At night, they come out and hop around the courtyard. I usually go out and throw carrots and celery to them. So tonight I went out and sure enough, there was a little rabbit sitting about 20 feet off the patio. 



So I said, “Sorry dude, no carrots tonight. May have some old bread though.”

I went inside and sure enough, there was some old Italian bread on the microwave. So I took it out and threw it to the rabbit. I threw it about 10 feet on the other side of where he was sitting, but he never moved. 



I waited and watched and the rabbit just sat there staring at me as if to say, “Look, I’m not budging till I get carrots!”

So I said, “Look, I know its smelly old bread but it’s all I’ve got. You can look in my fridge if you don’t believe me. I swear…all that’s in there are 4 To-Go Boxes from area restaurants. That’s it!”



So that rabbit just kept staring me down. Finally, I said, “Okay, you got about a minute till the ants come take that bread away!”

He still sat silently watching me waiting for his carrots. “Well, it’s too late now! Your window of opportunity just closed. Those ants own that bread now.”




So I finally gave up and went inside the house. That rabbit is still sitting there staring at my patio, waiting.

“LOOK DUDE! THERE ARE NO CARROTS IN MY REFRIGERATOR!”

He's still there. Now I have to go to the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment