Thursday, August 25, 2022

What's It Like to Be God?

Yesterday, I had a profound experience. I’ve been helping my neighbor as much as possible because she’s an old black lady who doesn't get enough social security and she has no way to earn extra money. Lately though, I’ve tried to make it clear that I CAN NOT pay her light bill each month. I want to help people if possible but I’m not rich. Usually, I will pray for someone and ask God to meet their needs.





She knew that I was at the point where I was NOT going to buy her food, medicine or pay any bills for her anymore. I’ve done that for the past few months because I am a caring person. But I’m not wealthy.

She put a brace on her arm and knocked on my door telling me that she’d gotten into a car accident and needed me to buy her dinner. So I ordered Panda Express for her and they delivered it to the wrong address. When I called her about this, she started yelling and saying that someone had stolen the food.

I tried to get her to calm down. I felt like the driver just delivered the food to the wrong apartment. But she kept screaming and yelling, forcing me to try and yell over her to make her calm down and listen to me. Finally, I just hung up on her.

 She claims to be a Christian so I believe her conscience got the best of her. She knew that it was wrong to lie to someone to try and get them to buy dinner especially since I’ve been so nice to her.



Later, when I was praying about this ordeal, God gently showed me something powerful about what it is like to be God.

People cry out to God all the time for help, healing, money etc. They yell at him and blame him for everything. They never listen when He’s trying to tell them what to do.

Constantly, for ages, God has had humans doing this. They get in trouble, need help, pray, scream, cry, blame Him—they behave so irrationally that they do NOT get the help from Heaven that they need.

We must stop flailing and carrying on. We must stop screaming at God. We must stop blaming him for the horrible mess we’ve made.

Did God tell us to build nuclear reactors? Of course not! Because He knows that if one of them ever has a leak or blows up, it will poison our entire planet. If we had prayed about energy needs and waited on God, He would have told us about Solar, Geothermal, Wind and other natural ways to make energy.

But if one of those reactors blows up, we’ll all scream that God did it and that God doesn’t care about humanity.

This is one of the reasons why God stays up there in his heavenly place and doesn’t come down here very often.  It’s like those poor children in India. There’s no birth control so thousands of kids are born each year that no one wants. They wind up on the streets begging and stealing to survive.

If they see an American, they run over and beg for money. But if you give a dollar to one of them, suddenly, there are 50 of them grabbing and pulling at you, trying to get your money. The needs of human kind are now so great that one organization or even one country cannot possibly do it all.

We must get every woman on this planet on birth control. People can’t be allowed to just have as many kids as they want with no way to feed them. That is stupid and cruel. A society that does this way cannot think it will survive for the long term.



God is like that American in India. He gives a dollar to one person then suddenly millions are grabbing at Him trying to get money or food. They get so frantic and emotional that they can’t even hear His voice or see what He’s trying to do.

It makes you just want to lock your front door and never answer it again if the neighbor knocks. That’s my plan at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment