Saturday, October 7, 2023

A Fish With Gold Coins in Its Mouth

 

I asked the Lord about that time he was asked about whether he was going to pay his taxes. Now my taxes are due pretty soon. I usually wait till the very last day to send them electronically to the IRS.

So, I says, “Lord, I’m gonna owe the IRS this year and you’re supposed to be my husband so it’s kind of your responsibility to pay my bills. Where are we are going to get this tax money from? We can’t just run down to the lake, catch and a fish and pull gold coins out of his mouth, now can we?”



I thought my words were clever. I was making a good point. So, guess what? God DID go down to the seashore, catch a fish and pull gold coins out of its mouth, then he handed them to me. It was $741—just enough to pay my taxes with a little left over.

Every single time, I think I’ve got something clever on the Lord, He outfoxes me. He is much more intelligent than I am and this is such a hard thing for me to accept. I always want to be right but He just laughs.


What kind of husband just laughs at your misery? Still, I am always surprised by how clever He is.

Imagine having ALL resources ALWAYS at your disposal. Well, at least, I have a husband who gets my sense of humor. That’s so important and hard to find these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment